Project Food Budget Weekly total: $86.95
Month End total: $404.71
My healthy budget goal is to eat seasonal (local if possible,) home-cooked meals while sticking to a $400 monthly budget for all food including groceries, dining out, entertaining, vitamins/supplements, and gardening.
There’s two of us eating (mostly) 3 meals per day. My husband occasionally eats take-out lunch at work, & that $ comes out of his personal cash stash.
August – Month Ten, Week Four – End of Month
This week, I spent $86.95, for a monthly grand total of $404.71 for August.
Dining Out: $8.51
Month End Details:
Dining Out: $55.99
Even though I’m a tad over this month, I’m quite pleased. There was $50 in entertaining expense, so taking that into consideration, my budgeting was excellent!
Plus, I spent $30 for 50 lbs of tomatoes. Yes, even though I’m growing loads of tomatoes, I truly don’t think there is ever enough!
I’m canning, oven-drying (dehydrating), and freezing (raw & cooked); I still think that I’ll have to eventually purchase commercially canned tomatoes but I’m hopeful I can hold off for many months!
Market Basket $7.38: lemon juice, bananas, 5lb sugar (yes, sugar!), kosher salt
Local Farmstand $8.07: Peaches, carrots, carmen peppers, lettuce
Hannaford Grocery $5.49: Wine (sale) and bananas
Wilson Farm $42.32 (large farm store): Bargain! 50 lbs of 2nds tomatoes ($30), dozen corn, zucchini, bell pepper, scallions, parsley, green beans, peaches
Week of Meals
- Thursday: Baked casserole with eggs, brown rice, cheddar, garden eggplant, celery, scallions, garden tomatoes, garden beet greens
- Friday: Leftover baked egg rice casserole from last night
- Saturday: Family party for lunch, pizza for dinner
- Sunday: Pasta with sauce of tomatoes, garden eggplant, celery, bell peppers, garden jalapeno
- Monday: leftover frozen takeout Chinese food
- Tuesday: Bread pizza with leftover sauce and cheddar cheese
- Wednesday: Pasta with garden eggplant, tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, scallions, green beans, & parsley
Want to Join the Project Food Budget?
It’s never too late to join the Project Food Budget!
If you’d like to participate, get the details and let Emily know you’re on board!
Here’s who else is budgeting this week: