Project: Food Budget Month End Total: $398.06 Week Total: $40.66
My healthy budget goal is to eat seasonal, home-cooked meals while sticking to a $400 monthly budget for all food including groceries, dining out, entertaining, vitamins/supplements, and gardening.
There’s two of us eating 3 (mostly) meals per day. My husband occasionally eats take-out lunch at work, & that $ comes out of his personal cash stash.
End of March & April Month 6, Week 1
March ended beautifully! We even celebrated my hubby’s birthday with dinner out, and I was still under budget $2. Whoo hoooo!
March monthly total: $398.06
Dining Out: $32, month: $100.44
Gardening: $0, month: $15.32
Groceries: $8.91, month: $282.30
For the first week of April, I’ve spent $40.66, leaving $359.34 for the rest of month.
Doing super duper so far!
Dining Out: $6.09
Market Basket (3/31) $8.91: Bag o’ oranges, grapefruit, bananas, peanuts
Whole Foods Grocery (4/1) $34.57: (2) Organic peanut butter (got one for free, because it was priced incorrectly during check-out), (2) Organic Valley half & half (on sale w/ coupons), cheese, bulk raisins, (2) cauliflower, 5 lb bag o’ organic carrots, bananas, organic apples, bunch of cilantro, asparagus, (2) mangoes.
Week of Meals
- Thursday: leftover frozen beef with canned tomatoes & kidney beans over pasta
- Friday: comfort dumplings with olive oil
- Saturday: DH’s birthday dinner – gift $$
- Sunday: Bulgar & roasted cauliflower topped with fried egg
- Monday: Chicken legs braised in tomato sauce topped over quinoa
- Tuesday: lentil soup with homemade stock, cabbage, canned diced tomatoes, carrots, & roasted red peppers – topped with lil bit o’ cheese
- Wednesday: Fried egg over steamed asparagus & brown rice with whole wheat toast & butter
Want to Join the Project Food Budget?
It’s never too late to join the Project Food Budget!
If you’d like to participate, get the details and let Emily know you’re on board!
Here’s who else is budgeting this week:
- Emily Levenson
- Dairy-Free Cooking
- Test Kitchen Tuesday
- Red Pen Mama
- Fit Flexitarian
- Warm As Pie
- Katy Rank Lev
- Little Blue Hen
- xox, b
- Project Food Budget 2.0
- Two Eggs Over Easy
- Eat Whole Be Vital
- Four Happy Violets
- Pgh Dad
- Charmingly Modern
- Six Dollars a Day
- What da Health?
- Twice the Twinsanity
- Brandon and On
- French Press