I received the set of four Preserve Dry Measuring Cups for Christmas. I wanted to replace the older plastic sets with something definitely BPA free, and Made in the USA. I found it in the Preserve measuring cups!
- The set of four includes 1/4-cup, 1/3-cup, 1/2-cup, and 1-cup sizes
- Each piece is made of sturdy plastic, but very well made, with smooth edges.
- Larger cup size than my older sets, and more accurate. I didn’t realize how inaccurate my old ones were until I poured 1 cup of water from my glass liquid measuring cup into the 1 cup from Preserve, and it was right-on! You could probably use these to measure liquid as well as dry if you’re in a pinch.
- Love the bright green color.
- The cups snap (attach) together at the handles so they will stay together if that’s what you want. Personally, I didn’t like keeping them attached because it took too much time (and two hands) to detach.
- Don’t stack straight on counter. I like keeping them stacked together on my counter, and they don’t sit flat.
- Difficult to read text on handle. Each measurement descriptive text is engraved (impressed) on the handle, but it blends in, sometimes making it very difficult to decipher which cup is which.
Bottom line, I love them, and I recommend them, especially if you are trying to find products made in the US. I don’t like using plastic very often, but since these measuring cups will not be heated, I figure I’m fairly safe. Plus, they are BPA free and I feel they’re safer than anything made in China, including stainless dry measuring cups.