Healthy Food Budget Weekly total: $126.14
My healthy budget goal is to eat seasonal (local if possible,) home-cooked meals while sticking to a $400 monthly budget for all food including groceries, dining out, entertaining, vitamins/supplements, and gardening.
There’s two of us eating (mostly) 3 meals per day. My husband occasionally eats take-out lunch at work, & that $ comes out of his personal cash stash.
October – Month Twelve, Week One
This week, I spent $126.14, so that leaves $273.86 for the rest of October.
Dining Out: $22.53
Starting out a little strong, but that’s usually how it is at the beginning of the month!
Amazon Subscribe & Save $28.32: Tuna & maple syrup
Local Farm (Monday) $7.20: Cortland apples (sale @.99lb), pepper, cucumber, scallions, radishes w/ greens, red lettuce
Market Basket (Tues) $18.94: mushrooms, broccoli, bananas, and (2) California olive oil (big big sale – $6.99 for a huge 33.8 oz)
Whole Foods (Tues) $41.04: 4+lbs of split chicken breast (sale $1.99lb), (2) Frontier salsa (sale 3.50each), WF Costa Rican chocolate bar, organic chicken broth, Calrose white rice, organic short grain rice, peanuts, (2) local mozzarella (rain check for previous sale @3.99 8oz), organic celery and organic delicata squash
Local Farm (Tues) $4.12: Cortland apples (still on sale @.99lb) and green beans
Market Basket $3.99: Applegate Farms deli chicken
Week of Meals
- Sunday: Veggie salad and buttered toast (making up for an extravagant weekend!)
- Monday: Fried eggs with brown rice and salad
- Tuesday: Baked chicken with winter squash, broccoli, garden carrots, & mushrooms
- Wednesday: Chicken veggie soup (bok choy, celery, leftover carrots & broccoli) & homemade raisin bread
- Thursday: Slow roasted garden tomatoes with garden carrot greens, garden carrot, scallions over pasta
- Friday: Bread pizza with salsa and mozzarella
- Saturday: Chinese take out – (steamed chicken & veggies with veg fried rice)