Healthy Food Budget Weekly total: $23.07
Grand Total for September: $454.46
My healthy budget goal is to eat seasonal (local if possible,) home-cooked meals while sticking to a $400 monthly budget for all food including groceries, dining out,
entertaining, vitamins/supplements, and gardening.
There’s two of us eating (mostly) 3 meals per day. My husband occasionally eats take-out lunch at work, & that $ comes out of his personal cash stash.
September – Month Eleven, Week Four
This week, I spent $23.07 on groceries, so that brings my grand September total to $454.46.
I’m way past my $400 budget for the month, but as I said last week, I’m looking at the “big” picture of $4800-$5000 total spending for the year. If I stick to $400 for October, I’ll end up at approximately $4825 for the year, which is fabulous!
I am confident I can accomplish it!
Whole Foods $3.24: Bananas and boneless chicken breast (cut from split breasts bought on sale for dogs)
Local Farmstand $3.94: local apples
Week of Meals
- Sunday: Stir fried vegetables (peppers, bok choy, scallions) with bulgur and fried egg
- Monday: Bread pizza with feta and garden cherry tomatoes
- Tuesday: Baked chicken breast and potatoes
- Wednesday: Pasta with garden tomato, celery, & pepper sauce
- Thursday: Leftover meatloaf from freezer with the last night’s leftover sauce, over quinoa
- Friday: Birthday dinner
- Saturday: Family party
Who Else is Budgeting?
This is the last official week for the Project Food Budget. Good luck to everyone that participated!